Saturday, April 7, 2007

Comfortably Numb

Yeah i guess im probably the (million+1)th guy to be quoting the famous Pink Floyd song as a blog topic, but before you guys decide to just scroll down this page and pass it off as a post by another Floyd crazy person, let me tell you that my state of mind right now at 2:30 AM is one appropriately described by the Floyd song. After a compeltely gruelling and screwed up week wherein i submitted my research report, completed a long and winding homework and studied for a test which i gave last afternoon, i feel burnt out....i probably have no right to complain , but staying up 2 nights in a row without sleep is something which even my nocturnally tuned body finds weird to say the least. Sometimes i wonder why i seem to be the only one slogging my butt out trying to understand the finer points of nature (ala fluid mechanics) or trying to understand how nature manifests itself( like diffusion through the membrane of a fuel cell)while the rest of the world seems to be chilling out..my mind seems to be randomly oriented right now, with no particular chain of thought running, so to restore some sanity, let me blab a bit more of my Floyd obsession. The PULSE version of Comfortably Numb is blaring through the speakers (which incidentally, i think is the best version of this song)..its now switched to Another Brick in the wall and will be followed by Goodbye Blue sky...incidentally, The Piper at the Gates of Dawn is probably the most space-music genre Floyd album you'll get to here.You actually get this feeling of an unconscious mind just wandering in space..i guess pretty much what Syd Barett saw through his LSD induced hallicunations....Other Floyd songs i love are Money(for the lyrics), Eclipse, Brain Damage and the entire Wall album...its a pity Pink Floyd won't be creating more of the progressive rock that they themselves brought to the fore, but they have definitely influenced generations from the 60s upto today and continue to do so. Floyd has been my companion through my research efforts this semester as i try to get some results for my advisor's fuel cell project. Amma loved Floyd when she was in college and recommended Jethro Tull as a follow-up to Floyd which i will explore. Anyway, i waste most of my free time because i'm too lazy to think of something to do, so this insight into Floyd and similar bands should allow me to learn a bit more about them and not get bored too!!
Will continue blogging..Coz im writing after almost 4 months, the chronolgy may get screwed up so dont mind guys..im just gonna write my thoughts as they come to my mind

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey I think it's a good post...s**** Vamshi...he he he...

Shubhika said...

I had no idea you wrote!!! a well written post. And trust me you are not the only one slogging...I have been there done that!!